Friday, July 18, 2008

Neighborhoods

Pictures are nice, but they don't do the real thing justice. I love walking through neighborhoods looking at these quaint, charming houses. They all seem to have lovely lace curtains. This house caught my eye. If you look closely you'll see gorgeous wooden shutters. These are not merely decoration like they are in the States, when they go leave for a period of time, say to work, the shutters are closed and locked.....that keeps out the voleurs (thieves)Look at the beautiful railing, flower boxes and stone work....charming! If it were dark, I'd be peeking in the windows to see what the inside looks like. I'm creepy that way.....and if you're honest, I bet you do it too ;D
Im not sure what this is....a dalia or a peony...it might be a bit late for peonies. Love that intense pink.
Isn't this tree amazing? It's one of the biggest trees I've ever seen....and I been around a while.
Tall, strong and proud. If I were still the tomboy I once was, I'd be climbing this bad boy.

No comments: