Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Le petit dejeuner

I haven't showed you how we start our day. The dining room looks like this in the morning. Bread is on the table. We can't get bread like this at home. There is nothing like it. Here is Paul getting his morning cup of inspiration. It's instant....which seems pretty weird to me, considering when you go to a cafe, you get THE best coffee ever. The instant here is better than in the US....but....instant is instant. Parisians typically have a bol (bowl) of coffee in the morning.
Coffee trivia: Europeans call American coffee....pee pee du chat. I'll let you figure that out for yourselves.
Besides bread, there is cereal..........
The lower left corner of the picture shows the bowls of instant coffee, sugar cubes, pitchers of hot milk, tea, and hot cocoa. Next to the milk, are bowls for the coffee. I should've had 2 bols this morning. We were up late studying. Have I mentioned the amount of homework we have?
That's how we get started in the morning. We get a coffee/tea break around 10:30, I'll be back for more coffee ;)

2 comments:

captn-steve said...

I think I would like to have a bol of coffee in the morning but probably not anything called pee pee du chat

captn-steve said...

... I imagine they have a similar comment about our beer.