Thursday, July 17, 2008

Le diner Provencal

L'histoire repeats itself....it's true. The first time Paul and I came to Paris, we stopped at a cafe for an omelette. L'omelette du jour was St Pierre. What we didn't realize at the time was that St. Pierre (St. Peter) was a fisherman--what do fishermen eat?.......voila-fish (de poisson). The omelette was filled with tuna and anchovies. Not bad if you can wash it down with de pain and de vin. (bread and wine) Last night's dinner (Le menu Provencal--Provence is in the south of France) was a cold salad with barley, olives, red peppers, cukes , corn, tuna and you guessed it....anchovies. I thought it was good, Paul....not so much a fish guy. I didn't take pictures of the aperitif, which was tapenade on toast (tres bien) and Pastis-and anise flavored liquour. Pour a little Pastis in a glass and add beaucoup l'eau (water).
Paul waited impatiently for le plate du fromage.....gorgeous n'est pas?

Good and stinky....as cheese should be. I wish I knew all the names, when I ask they say them so fast you don't know what you're hearing. Bon chance.

No comments: